We work in the Dark; we give what we have. Our Doubt is our passion- our passion is our task, and the rest is the madness of art. -Henry James

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Too Awake

I am so alone.

I do not know
if I am lonely
though.
Wiser voices
once told me
there is a
difference
there.

But life has
never hande
me else

and I do
not know
how to
change it.

I hate being
so seperated
in this shell.

I remember
ither times
other places

Where the skin
fit better
than today

didn't seem so
much like a
barrier

but rather
a comfortable
coat
around me

why do we choose
this method
of learning

What is the point
of questing for
belonging
when we are
but parts of
something grander

It is our seperateness
that makes us
ugly

Only the saintly
among us
get it right
in this life

and too often
they are martyred
for their differences

It's like we hate
being reminded
of what we cannot
touch here

because of the
mundaneness
of day to day

I guess I am
not so different
just eyes open

Yes
ignorance can be bliss
Wisdom comes with
a price

or perhaps a cost

true wisdom is
to be careful
what you ask for

It may not be
what you think
in the end

alone
is not
lonely
true

it is knowing
too much
and no one
to share it with

About Me

My photo
Trust not those without a little touch of madness.