We work in the Dark; we give what we have. Our Doubt is our passion- our passion is our task, and the rest is the madness of art. -Henry James

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Rising to the Sleep (07-26-94)

The crickets chirr
The birds chirp awake
Apollo creeps over the horizon
Reminding us the darkness has an end

In the mind's eye, I see
The movements of man and spirit
Fighting for freedom

Why is the battle so hard

The daybreak brings relief
from those things bottled inside
A respite from the battles
of will against soul

I know the grounds too well
They haunt my sleep
and my waking day

To walk across the Barrier is no joy

I am separate from Them
Yet I live side by side
Destined to know an outcome
I can't explain

Why.

Why to be so aware
Why to carry a pain
That has no words

Why to find peace
In the solitude of night
Where dreams are Morpheus' reality

The daylight creeps past
Burning my eyes away
Turning on a reality I deny

where is the peace I am promised

I am locked away
In a world of illusion
How do I explain which is which

You see only half of it
And I cannot join in your dance


Apollo is rising
Sweet Luna regrets time lost
And I ponder the dusk
Of the World

Close my eyes, sweet Morpheus
Consume me in the burning of the chariot
Close my ears to unreal sound
Take away the weight
I can no longer carry it.

So be it.

About Me

My photo
Trust not those without a little touch of madness.