We work in the Dark; we give what we have. Our Doubt is our passion- our passion is our task, and the rest is the madness of art. -Henry James

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

again?

Dare I fall yet again
for a wandering minstrel
dare I spread
myself thinner still?

I wish I had the nerve
he has- to move around
so much that all
and none are places home

* * *
Migrating birdie
what is your true name
Not the one you wear as
a badge
but the one that sings
the colours in your soul

* * *

the spring time calls
the flowers threaten to bloom
the trees reach out
yawn, stretch & reach
to the sky

I wish I knew why
some are content in one place
while another cannot lite
for more than a moment

i think sometimes
that it must be fear
on both parts, not one,
each clinging in their
own way
to some fabled ending
ever on the horizon

we make our beds
we pack the car
we wait at home
we travel far

there is no difference
when all is said & done
it is just a way of choosing
which way to run

we come undone

plaster & poetry fill in the gaps
we reach outside ourselves
cos no one supplied a map

About Me

My photo
Trust not those without a little touch of madness.